Riga International Airport offers an integrated transport network (air, sea, road and railway) with fast and direct access to the Eastern European and Scandinavian market. RIX GH has all the necessary equipment and personnel to provide a full range of surface surfaces to scheduled cargo carriers (including DHL, TNT and UPS), as well as any ad hoc cargo aircraft.
Our ad hoc ground handling service capacity is sufficient for any aircraft – we have also serviced the biggest cargo transportation airplane, the AN-225 Mriya. Our experience apron employees can handle any type of cargoes – along with general ULD or non-container cargoes, we also service aircraft with the following cargo types:
- food cargoes (including those that decompose quickly);
- live animal cargoes;
- fitogoods and veterinary product cargoes;
- hazardous product cargoes;
- large and non-standard cargoes.
RIX GH capacity is sufficient is sufficient to handle B747-8F aircraft with incoming and outgoing ULD / palletized cargoes in about two hours. We have everything we need to handle aircraft of any size:
- jack lifts;
- platform loaders (with a lifting capacity of up to 14 t);
- forklift trucks;
- container and pallet trollies and tugs;
- other necessary specialised equipment upon demand.
The priority of RIX is to increase cargo flow. Therefore, our infrastructure and technical provisioning are suited to serving cargo aircraft:
- aprons and runway appropriate for B747-8F aircraft;
- no restrictions on aircraft movement;
- fire and rescue service available up to Category 9 (with at least 12 hour prior notice);
- fuel at the airport is provided, using an underground hydrant system;
- Ad hoc fuel filling back up volume of 6,000 m³;
- from the second half of 2020, three E class aircraft parking spaces are specifically available for cargo aircraft.